Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Celebrating

On January 5, 2008, I started jotting down ideas, thoughts and feelings...from there it just took on its own personality. It is hard to believe I am celebrating one year!

I just read my very first blog and realized that last year I made a goal to run a 1/2marathon. I never reached my goal, but I did plug away at running and eventually ran in two 5K races in which my time greatly improved. My perspective changed quite a bit about overall wellness, which has paid off in huge dividends.

My 2009 goal is to run in the Pittsburgh Marathon in May. I will be running a leg of a relay, so I will not be running the full 26.2 miles. I realized last year, that it was hard to be dedicated to a long, demanding, running workout with full-time teching/mommy duties. So, as part of the initial goal set in January 2008 to run a 1/2 marathon, I recently set an attainable goal to run in the relay, a total of 7 miles. I have a much better head start into this year than last, so I am very excited about my training.

Thank you to all who read, and make comments about the blog. It keeps me thriving to write.

2 comments:

2003beachbunch said...

Even 7 miles makes me want to throw-up for you! :-) You will do great Michelle!! Happy blog birthday too.

Claire said...

I'm so glad you started your blog...somehow you don't seem so far away. Happy 1 year!