Today is a day of rest on my workout plan. Believe it or not, it is hard to convince myself to rest, I guess I just want to keep this rush going strong and keep improving my times. I ran a 1.5 miles yesterday in 13 minutes. My mile time was 9 minutes on the dot, but because I am not in decent physical condition, I had to walk one of the last 2 laps in order to get my breath. This really slowed me down on the watch.
Last year around this time I was running a mile under 8 minutes. Needless to say, I have my work cut out! Which is why taking a day off is more important than trying to get out there and overwork myself. I can start fresh tomorrow, with another 1.5 run and work at a better pace.
These are things I try to work on with my students, when I am training them. Esp. those who are not experienced in running. The journey is essentially the same length, but your approach to completing the journey has to be different. Setting your own personal goals are the most important part of any exercise program. Once the personal goals are set up, then the framework for meeting the goals are put into play. And so the journey begins...chip-chip-chipping away.
Thoughts from yesterday's workout:
paint colors for the townhouse
my legs feel weak and flabby - and white as hell!
what would i look like as blonde? (don't worry it ain't happening anytime soon)
what is up with britney spears???
i wanna be in flip flops with my girls from nc - i am jealous!
i love this new singer sara bareilles - she is really good.
how can i talk keith into getting a housekeeper again?
this warm weather gives me major spring fever - way too early for that.
keith and i need a date night very soon - hopefully this weekend if ashley will be able to sit for us.
what is cindy up to these days? i need to call that chic soon!
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm enjoying your blog, M. My favorite part is the "thoughts from yesterday's workout" section. It always makes me smile!
ps. Break out the flops even when it's cold...I wore them on Christmas day at home and my fam thought I'd totally lost it ;-)
thanks so much C for the compliment on my blog! i am all over the place in my thoughts, but somehow it seems to clear my head :)
ps.i think i will have to break out the flip flops early this year - much earlier than true northerns would!
Post a Comment