Monday, August 11, 2008

The Make-Over

I had to run to the mall today for a few things minus Allyson, so I decided to breeze into Sephora for what I thought would be a few minutes which turned out to be an hour and some change.

Mary Jo, my lovely make-up artist decided to create a new face for me. After many strokes with many different brushes and several attempts to find the right color combo I walked a way today with a new face to show off and some really expensive make-up! I kept reminding myself that it was my little treat to myself for working out so hard this summer. Which was pretty easy to do until I saw the total cost-yikes!

I was able to show it off to only Allyson because Keith is golfing tonight. Of course she didn't even notice, so hopefully Keith will notice the left over make-up when he gets home this evening. We have a calendar event planned for this evening and hopefully this little make over will spice things up a bit- haha!

Mary Jo kept asking me if this make-over was for a special occassion this evening and I told her nope, just me getting real with the fact that I am tired of looking so dull and lifeless. She continually complimented me on my skin eyes and smile, but I have to tell you, it has been a long time since I really looked at myself only to notice the fine lines and wrinkles that have progressively gotten worse after having Allyson. I think it is time to bring Sexy Back! Not sure where it has gone, but I am bringing it back..LOL!

My biggest fear is that being left to my own devices to apply this make-up, I will resemble Bozo the clown, or a close second.

Here is the new face (sorry about the hat)...and of course my little mini-me striking a pose too :-)

3 comments:

HBee said...

You look marvelous! :)

Claire said...

Sooo pretty, M! Aren't makeovers fun??

Michelle said...

Thanks Girls! Yes, I have to admit Claire they are a bit fun :-)