As the Olympics come to a close, so does summer.
Busy, busy, busy. That is us. We have been working very hard to prepare for Nana Ruiz's visit from NY this upcoming weekend. So, Friday night I had Ally duty, as we played outside with friends by riding our bike (yes, we can officially pedal now!), while Keith finished painting and installing a new ceiling fan in the guest room.
Saturday, Ally had pancakes for breakfast (Daddy style) and then her and I hit the pool for a few splashes in the cool water, while Keith entertained the Direct TV guy for 5 hours, as he desperately tried to install our satellite. In the evening, Keith put the finishing touches on the walls and I did laundry, cooked, and entertained Ally again. We did take our famous family lap around the neighborhood with the Bears in tow.
Sunday, we had a slow morning, staying in PJ's til mid morning, eating another hot breakfast (compliments of Mommy this time), then one last go around at the pool as a family. One more coat of paint on the guest room, then we put together the bed and spread the linens out.
To put the finishing touches on the day we were invited over to Karyn and Mark's for dinner (a feast is more like it). Delicious steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, pasta salad, watermelon and blueberry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Absolute heaven and all my summer favorites! You could call it a closing ceremony of sorts...a kind-of farewell to summer.
It has been a great one full of many good memories. I call it, my "2008 Summer of REDEMPTION". Even though we did not take any exciting vacations, or whirlwind weekends, I am just happy in knowing that the porch light is permanently ours.
I will miss those mornings of boot camp and spin class, hitting the pool and spending quality time with Ally and our friends throughout the work week. Not worrying about bedtimes and wake up times. Cozying up beside Ally for an afternoon cat-nap. And I can't forget the countless showtimes of the Mermaid, Nemo and Elmo.
Ahhh, there will never be another summer like this one because you are only 2years old once in a lifetime.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That was a sweet post, M. I'm still looking forward to some house pics!!!
I am in denial that they are going to be 3 next summer. I hope that it will be just as sweet as 2! I think that you meal sounded absolutely delicious!! YUMMY! I am with Claire...when do we see pictures?
i promise you soon i will have some pics up, maybe as soon as this weekend!
What a sweet post. Sounds like you made some lovely memories. By the way, that dinner description sounded superb! Perhaps b/c I had another boring cafeteria salad for lunch. Well I can't wait to hear about all the adventures you will face in the fall!
Post a Comment