Monday, August 18, 2008

The Interview Suit

Ok, how is this for superstiticous.

Last interview I went on, about a month ago, was a total disappointment. So, in the midst of moving I decided to put my interview suit in a large ziploc bag. Needless to say, it is by far totally wrinkled, etc. I looked at the thing this weekend, laying there in an over-sized ziploc bag while putting away some clean clothes in my closet and felt absolutely no guilt what-so-ever for balling it up and parking it on the shelf. It was as if I was punishing it for a poor summer of interviews. I think I even told myself while I was in my closet, that I was not going to have it cleaned until next summer.

Ha-ha, serves him right (of course, is has taken on a male identity)! No job, no dry cleaning. Mind you, it has been to the cleaners 5x this past summer already.

Well, today I got a call from NA again...they have a possible opening and would like to interview me as early as Wednesday of this week. Immediatley I was pumped and then a feeling of panic overtook me thinking about the lonlely, wrinkled state of my suit and thought to myself figures!!

Now, who has the last laugh?

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Everything that frustrates me takes on a male identity.

Good luck on the interview.

2003beachbunch said...

Good luck on the interview Michelle! I know that you will do great! I have to agree with Stacey anything that irritates me has a male identity too :-) Let us know how it goes!

Claire said...

How'd it go?